Sunday, September 12, 2010

What a week

All kinds of new technology has been added to the classroom repetoire this school year in our district.  First a new lesson planning gizmo and for us Special Ed teachers, an electronic IEP program.  We have all been struggling to learn everything, while using the programs "live".  Teaching has to happen, as well.

All the kids are already sick and sniffling, meaning the adults are falling (include me in that) also.  It is still in the 90's here during the day and there is nothing more miserable, IMO, than a hot weather cold. Ugh.

Having said that  I have gotten my kids through 2 full short stories, English II had a round with Poe, twice and English I has worked through O Henry and now, Gary Soto.  Getting them to write is a challenge and we haven't even started revising and editing in any real way, YET.

I can't wait to see what happens this week and that is why I made the change back.  While at Central I had lost that curiousity.  I just wanted Monday to get to Friday, fast.  Now I want to savor the week, even with some horrendous challenges.  I want to see the students change, because they ALL do.

Best decision I've made in years!

No comments:

Post a Comment