Friday, August 13, 2010

It's official

I'm a veteran high school teacher who took an administrative position at the district level for three years and has decided to simplify life by going back into a high school classroom, voluntarily.  This blog will serve as my journal of that transition back to what, I hope, will be a richer job experience.

My goal is to post regularly about this adventure.  The trials, the tribulations and overall experience.  I know there will be highs and lows.  I will have to relearn some skills, EEK.  I will have to unlearn some unnecessary habits of mind.

I found out today, around noon, that I had been recommended for a position and I start at the campus on Wednesday, August 18.  I'm excited and scared, in a good way.  We shall see how this plays out.

Welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I know you are excited to start this next phase of your life. I'll read with interest.

    ReplyDelete